« Home | Who Will Change The World? » | 神的心意 » | This is brilliant » | 春聯 » | 無間佈道 » | 令小朋友懊惱的邏輯問題 » | 明知會輸,點解要選? » | National Campus Challenge '95 Declaration of Commi... » | 真正的功夫足球 » | Jubilization »

How to attend service 52 weeks in a row


On this date last year, I was not a member of a church and I rarely attended any church services. On February 26, 2006 I set a personal goal for myself to attend church for an entire year without missing a single week. This coming Sunday, will make it 52 weeks in a row that I attended church without skipping even once. I will give you tips on how to find a church, and how I to find the motivation to attend every week for an entire year.


阿中 introduced me to this article. It is actually an interesting read. 2 things I'd like to point out:

1. One facet that the article didn't really address is the spiritual side of spirituality. Being a good Christian is not really achieved by our labour but the grace of God. The role of the Holy Spirit should not be omitted in our pursuit of personal piety. Afterall, going to church uninterupted is not the ultimate goal, but to be like Christ is.
2. If you are patient enough to read all the Responses at the end of the article, you will find amazing hostility towards the Christian religion being displayed, and stupid (sorry for the choice of word) responses made by some Christians toward this hostility. Postmodern apologetics (itself being an oxymoron) is an important topic that Christians today should really learn about.

Any how, this will be helpful to those struggling to attend church services.

Labels:

I think "amazing hostility" is also an oxymoron.

我剩係想知張相係咪真㗎啫...

Is not our faith full of oxymorons and paradoxes? What's more paradoxical than the one who's fully human and fully God? Maybe the Kingdom which is already but not yet.

Post a Comment
  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.