« Home | It's all about... » | Black Napkins - how far will you go to serve? » | Black Napkins » | How to Procrastinate More Productively » | Confession 2 » | Confession » | Starbucks vs Waffle House » | Boundary? » | Pudding » | 你懂普通話嗎? »

$599 = $399 + ?

Perhaps this is a bit late to talk about how Apple dealed with the rebounce from the early iPhone users to the sudden price drop. Still, I feel like missing something if I ignore the whole topic on MY blog. I think the whole deal would become an interesting case study material for management school. People have so different exegesis of the "tactics" that Apple used. Check out these 2 articles:

Leadership: Steve Jobs’s Non-Apology from FastCompany
I Really Wish I Knew Steve Jobs Better from Writers Block Live, whose author used to be a top level manager at Apple

I would say that to issue the $100 rebate/store credit is already quite exceptional in the industry. Would we expect anything from Microsoft? I think we just have too high an expectation for Apple.

Labels: ,

  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.