« Home | 購物狂 » | 704 reading digest 9 » | 704 reading digest 8 » | 同事三分親? » | 奧運。中國理念 » | 704 reading digest 7 » | 704 reading digest 6 » | 704 reading digest 5 » | "the 'Alan-Yu-is-so-busy' myth" follow-up » | 704 reading digest 4 »

a few confessions of a pastor

I’m sorry that I expect people to think the same way I do and agree with everything I say.

I’m sorry that I want everybody to be the kind of people I like and would enjoy hanging out with.

I’m sorry that I desire others to keep the same principles that I do.

I’m sorry that I want everyone to like what I like and hate what I hate.

I’m sorry that I think I am wiser than your people.

I’m sorry that I assume I’m really serving you while others are really not.

I’m sorry that I see your people as a resource to serve me rather than seeing myself as a resource to serve them.

I’m sorry that I use the scriptures as a way to get what I want rather than what you are passionate about.

I’m sorry that I talk about your people like they’re trash.

I’m sorry that, because of my own ugliness, I’m blind to the beauty you see in others.

I’m sorry that my love is wrapped in a multitude of conditions.


原文出自nakedpastor.com

Labels: ,

  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.