« Home | When World Cup Is Finally Over » | Comments about contemporary Christian music » | do you need a wife? » | 獻給無名的傳道者(二) » | This is not the ceiling of Sistine Chapel » | What is Good PowerPoint Design? » | Learning (Bad) Graphics Design from the World Cup » | Seven Blunders of the World » | 性騷擾 » | The Five Dysfunctions of a Team »

龍圃

As an ex-architect, I have been following the news on the fate of this historic building in Hong Kong. I'm glad that one of the decendents of the original owner of the house is willing to buy the house back from other family members in order to preserve it.
Architecture is an art, but it is seldom appreciated in the same magnitude as other art forms, such as painting. For profit, many people are willing to destruct building with artistic value. You'll never see people buying a painting for the sake of destroying it. How sad architecture is often discriminated.
Is it because architecture is too often associated with commercial activities? I don't know. I think it is a question of the cultural quality of a city. I can never imagine such thing will happen in Paris or even Vancouver.

Labels:

  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.