« Home | 余子麟第一定律 » | » | PowerPoint Training » | Robert Webber » | Tony Campolo » | how has the world changed? » | Church shopaholics » | Branding » | 7 Habits of Highly Effective Junior Designers » | 零食 »

Disaster



I accidentally deleted all the speaking engagements from my calendar (Yes, I know this is stupid. Stop laughing now. Show some compassion). I tried to retrieve all the appointments from different means (including my non-reliable memory), but I am not sure if I have got them all. So if you have invited me to speak at your church / fellowship, you better give me an e-mail to make sure that I have you marked down. I am so frustrated because this is so not professional.

I cannot imagine what will happen if my laptop got stolen...

Labels: ,

depends on what calendar you are using, you can/should sync them to an online site (e.g. yahoo, google) as backup.

Intellisync for Yahoo!
http://help.yahoo.com/us/tutorials/mail/ab/ab_intellisync1.html

I have recently switched to using Google Calendar. It's really the best calendar app out there. Try it, it's amazingly easy to use. (esp. the Quick Add function)

http://www.google.com/calendar/

Thank you for the suggestion. Appreciate.

I use iCal, and it is usually sync with my iPod. So in case anything happens, I always have my iPod as a backup. But the stupid thing is, I didn't even know that the calendar was accidentally deleted (which I suspect happened some days ago), and through sync-ing my iPod I deleted the copy on my iPod as well. Stupid me.

iCal is usually good because I do not need to open a web browser (which is usually slow). Most of the time I keep my iCal opened and it doesn't take much RAM and it syncs with my iPod. Sigh...

I second/third the recommendation for Google calendar. The nicest thing about it is that you can superimpose other people's calendars on top. So for example, different depts in the church can have a different calendar, and they can be compared to avoid scheduling conflicts. Plus, it's all backed up by Google/online.

thank you for the suggestion. i have transplanted my calendar from iCal to Google.

This comment has been removed by the author.

Even though I love Google Calendar, I think it's still a good idea to keep a local copy.
Browse around, there resources on how to sync between iCal and Google Calendar.

Btw, have you seen the GCal widget on my fellowship's blog?

perhaps AFC Vancouver should have a public Google Calendar....

I have set up an AFC public Calendar. It is called AFC Vancouver Event. The HTML version:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=jfa5k2cbh6vs378p0k7tkt6his%40group.calendar.google.com

從善如流。

I have also figured out how to sync iCal and Google Calendar.

Post a Comment
  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.