« Home | Disturbance » | Recovering » | Lego » | 告別博益 » | 回來了 » | MacBook Air » | 佈「道」? » | » | 一念天堂 » | 努力 »

Trust

我們的教會早幾日開了會友大會。剛巧今天看到另一位牧師講到會友大會的情況:

I informed the community that the idea has been tentatively raised that the church that split off from us might be interested in renting our building as their meeting place. I don’t think I’m speaking out of school because the issue is now public. There are no secrets. I opened up the floor for discussion and there was lots said and emotions expressed. I loved it… not because we are anywhere near a decision or anything like that. I loved it because these people feel free to speak their minds, no matter how shocking or disturbing or unprocessed it might be. The sign of a healthy community is not having it all together, but being able to speak freely.

I came to the conclusion, almost as soon as people started to share their concerns, fears and questions, that the conclusion isn’t going to be the most important thing, but the process. This will be good to go through all these tangled notions and emotions and pull our forgiveness to a deeper place and our wisdom to a richer expression love.


講到尾,就是回到Patrick Lencioni講的trust問題。如果沒有trust,便不會夠膽講真話,而只會客客氣氣。真正的「弟兄姊妹」如家人是不會客氣的。

Link

Labels:

Our church went through a tough time last year when we had to make a painful decision to let go of a staff member. I really appreciate it when we made sure the process was more important than the decision. And at the member meeting, we opened up the floor and let people express their emotions over this. I think it was a very healthy thing that we went through.

Of course, being Chinese, we didn't get as open as I would like, but at least that experience went a lot better than some other similar experiences I went through in other Chinese churches. In my past experiences in other Chinese churches, a decision would be handed down from the leadership, and no questions could be asked...

Post a Comment
  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.