« Home | 你有口頭禪嗎? » | 你會是衰老闆嗎? » | How can you change the world? » | The Next Big Thing on the Web » | 我不參與萬聖節 » | One of my favourite restaurants » | 文化差異 » | What are those names? » | 奇趣錄 » | Vision to Blog »

Attention to Details : Creating an Experience


I'm now typing this blog post on my new MacBookPro. I am so impressed by the level of details that Apple went into to create this laptop.

  • the hidden indicator light
  • the backlit keyboard controlled by a hiddne ambience sensor (now I can type in the dark on my bed)
  • the Maglock power adaptor (so that you won't knock the computer on the ground when you are kicked over by the power cord)
  • it is lighter and thinner than my old PowerBook
  • the screen is a lot brighter
  • But, most importantly, it automatically copies all my software applications, files and documents, my whole iTunes and iPhoto library, preferences, settings, drivers, **everything** from my old computer so that when I first start up my new MBP, it looks exactly like my old one and everything is already in place, up and running, without me installing anything. It takes about an hour, and in the mean time I don't need to attend to it (and I prepared Bible study). This is truly an experience.

The point is, you don't need to go that far. Nobody expected it. But when you have a heart to create the very best thing, you'll want to walk that extra mile.

Labels:

  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.