« Home | The Head and the Body » | Who wins? » | Question about culture » | Why are our worship like it is today? » | Going Home » | 10 Hot Jobs for 2007 » | Snapshots in Florida » | 駛唔駛咁情慾? » | Lead Worshiper FAQ » | 如果真的有這條街 »

What is Starbucks?


As defined by its founder Howard Schultz:
If you think about what occurs within a Starbucks store, I think we've known for a long time now that Starbucks is more than just a wonderful cup of coffee. It's the experience. And the experience is defined by what we have characterized for a long time as Starbucks really becoming this "Third Place" between home and work -- an extension of people's front porch, or people's home office. As a result of that, we realized early on that we had an opportunity to leverage the equity of the experience and the trust that our consumers have in the brand and in our people, to other products and services.


It is this "redefinition" that enabled them to sell not only coffee but a lot more, including, recently, music. This is an important lesson: it is through redefinition that we expand our boundary while focusing on the core identity.

在街邊賣三文治的小販可以永遠地賣三文治,但若他redefine自己為為上班一族提供快速外賣早餐的話,整盤生意的運作方法就不同了。

Link

Labels:

Hi Alan,
My name is Ann Cham. Your wife Constance used to be my mentor when I first became a Christian.
I would like to say hi to you and her and your family. I remember her all the time and what she had taught me when I first know Christ. Her teachings to me help shaped who I am now. And I want to thank you.

就是因為它的"Experience",
令我雖然較喜歡港式咖啡的味道,Tim Horton's的價錢,屋企的三文治和免費無線上綱,
但個心仍𤓓𤓓攣的要去Starbucks買杯咖啡飲吓。

Post a Comment
  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.