« Home | Why are our worship like it is today? » | Going Home » | 10 Hot Jobs for 2007 » | Snapshots in Florida » | 駛唔駛咁情慾? » | Lead Worshiper FAQ » | 如果真的有這條街 » | 荒謬實驗的犧牲品 » | Alan的曲折旅程(二) » | Worship question »

Question about culture

When we hear stories about missionaries adapting worship practices to local culture, we do not see them as compromise and we are not offended.
Why is it not OK to change anything in our worship practice to reach out to different cultural groups within our local community?

Labels: ,

施主想講乜野呢?

I agreed that it is good for us to change our format to a more acceptable level for them to know Jesus. However, I don't think it is good to use the way they do stuff to attract them. I mean, I still think that if we are doing sth that other non-Christian normally do, then what so special about us, and why do they need to come to us? m..this is always my thought in mind. Just like we can write some pop Christian songs so that they can easily accept, but not to sing some pop songs in our event to attrack them. Why do they need to come and sing sth that they can sing in Karaoke?

I am not for or against adapting worship to cultural changes. I am against double standard. But sometimes we make double standard decisions without knowing it. We should just pay more attention and be more careful when maing worship decisions.

I dunno weather or not my thoughts are right or not, but I am more careful. What do you mean by double standard?

Post a Comment
  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.