« Home | 聽歌學中文最緊要正音 » | 捐血 » | Rich » | 天才 » | 親熱戲 » | 保持言論空間 切忌濫言「歧視」 » | 中國 » | Parable of the Cross » | 同性戀自豪巡遊 » | 期望的落差 »

How to meet deadline?

Many people tell me that they find the article on how to say no that I posted here a while ago very useful. So here is another one that may be useful as well.


14 Essential Tips for Meeting a Deadline
  1. Care about deadlines.
  2. Keep a list of projects and deadlines.
  3. Communicate a clear deadline.
  4. Work in a cushion.
  5. Have a clear outcome.
  6. Break down the project.
  7. Focus on the first step.
  8. Block off adequate time.
  9. Have a start and complete date for each step.
  10. Communicate with each step.
  11. Don't overcommit.
  12. Learn from mistakes.
  13. Stay up late.
  14. Negotiate and meet a second deadline.


When I was in architecture school, one thing that I learned was very detailed schedule planning in order to meet deadline. Producing an architectural design presentation is by itself a very complicated project, and it requires a lot of discipline and organizational skills. While I was called Mr. Organized by my classmates, I have seen many fellow students who had beautiful design in their mind but could not finish the presentation materials on time and ended up with a fail grade. This is such an important lesson that has helped me steer through my hectic life without losing my mind.

Link to full article

Labels: ,

  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.