« Home | Teaching Creativity » | End of Year (3): 外遊 » | End of Year (2): 今年買的唱片回顧 » | The reason for suffering » | End of Year (1) » | Throwing Stones » | Sleeping in the Office » | 兩段 » | I don’t believe in prayer. » | 金句 »

復興

今天的教會寧相信「方法」而不相信禱告。這是教會復興遲遲未來到的原因。


羅錫為:為何復興順來遲?

Labels:

God recently gave me a message during my recent trip in India ministering to Christians there. The message was: "You cannot force revival." This is also what happened in churches in India -- they had lost a whole generation of youngsters to drugs and to insurgency, and they wanted to attract them into the church again by use of popular music. But it was entertainment, like spiritual junk food, and it won't satisfy. Only the love of God satisfies.

BTW, a 19th-century preacher named Charles Finney is still my most favorite writer on revival. It's hard to find much contemporary Christian writings on revival.

Post a Comment
  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.