« Home | Coalition for what? » | considering Christmas shopping... » | 是誰偷走了我的教會? » | 老師的角色 » | 國度 » | 專業見解 » | 錢,是從天上掉下來的。 » | 獨立思考 » | 代禱 » | Building Trust with Transparency »

A Call To Repent

Taking the words from Charles Dickens,
now is
the age of wisdom, the age of foolishness,
the epoch of belief, the epoch of incredulity,
the season of Light, the season of Darkness.


Most of us when we heard the news of the Canadian political parties joining in the coalition, we reacted in disbelief, hopelessness, or contrary in anger and outrage. As our emotions subside, the fact remains our country facing is yet another turning point [...]

As "everything is spiritual", what our country is facing is also a spiritual matter. Much like the Israelites in the age of the Judges, their actions in worshipping various other gods and violating the covenant with God, provoked God to anger and resulted in the tests God put before Israel. Canada is a nation that has sinned before the eyes of God, and doing so, we must repent.

We, as citizens of this nation, must repent.
We, as Christ's Church on the earth for not having diligently fulfill our duty as light and salt, must repent.
We, as Christians in this country, must repent on behalf of our country.
We must be on guard for our country, and stand up in the face of evil.
We must be the watchmen for our own country.

Hence, on behalf of Ambassadors For Christ in Canada, I am calling a
"Repentance Prayer Meeting for Canada" 「認罪守望祈禱會」.
I am calling all Christians who are willing to take upon the task to be the watchmen for Canada to join us, in repent, and on guard for our much-loved country.

I pray that God's mercy will come upon our land.
I pray that God's anger will pass over us.
I pray that God's abundance grace will bestow upon us and forgive us.

I urge you, join me, at 10:00AM PST this Saturday, Dec. 6th, 2008, in a Repentance Prayer Meeting for Canada.
It will be held in AFC RoomC, address at:
Unit 2120 Pacific Plaza
8888 Odlin Crescent
Richmond, BC

Doors will be open at 9:30AM; meeting will start at 10:00AM.

I also urge those outside of Vancouver, to join us in prayer at your own time zone. We are physically apart, but spiritually we are in one.

When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will HEAL their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.

2 Chronicles 7:13-15


原文出自Wayne Kwok @ PP959.com

Labels: ,

最近有不少人問到我「使者」在這件事上的立場,所以我不妨在這裡說明一下。

首先,使者對任何一個政黨或政客並無支持或反對。我們看這次倒閣事件,如果發生在其他政黨身上,我們的反應亦會是一樣。

我們不是認為倒閣的邪惡的一方,支持政府就是支持正義。我們認為這不是一次獨立事件。當我們察看過去幾年加拿大的政局,我們看到的是許多的罪:對權力的慾望,對真理公義的漠視,對貧苦人的需要視若無睹...

我們得罪了神。不單是那些在位的政客得罪了神,而是我們作為加拿大的一份子,我們得罪了神。

而神在歷代志下7:14應許:「這稱為我名下的子民,若是自卑、禱告,尋求我的面,轉離他們的惡行,我必從天上垂聽,赦免他們的罪,醫治他們的地。」

所以我們發出呼召,我們要為加拿大認罪悔改。

Post a Comment
  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.