« Home | Consistently Naive » | 神童大了,還神嗎? » | Marriage » | Jesus and Preaching Problems » | 今日奇聞 » | 簡潔 » | Essential questions asked by a non-believer » | How to meet deadline? » | 聽歌學中文最緊要正音 » | 捐血 »

教會製作=?

First, go to this site to view the trailer of the upcoming "Ten Commandments" animated movie.

Then, read this comment from a Hong Kong blogger who work in the animated movie industry:
這樣子的水平,找死嗎?鬼佬影音使團策劃?為求宏教,不惜功本?


Then, also read the following commentary for a recent drama production in Hong Kong:
中英劇團製作的《同行四分一世紀》,成功迎合了市場效應,無可厚非。使我感慨的是,香港近十多年,不少舊戲院已經變為教會佈道場,影壇還曾湧現絕症片和福音傳教片(福音片又經常拍攝絕症),想不到回歸十周年的現在,話劇壇亦多了絕症死亡和福音傳教,創意毫無提升。
全劇強調友情和愛情,更重要是對上帝對耶穌的信仰,顯然適合教徒觀看。不過作為描述知識精英的作品,這類絕症傳教題材難免知識水平有限,對宗教及精神上的問題缺乏較深刻的探討,和一般教會團體宣揚福音差不多。


留意最後一句。真慘,教會production成為了低水準製作的同義詞和指標。榮耀神?

(Disclaimer: I do not agree with either of the above comments. But we should really think about them.)

Labels: ,

My wife actually worked briefly for 影音使團 and I've volunteered my time for them as well for a little while. For sure, they have been doing 絕症 movies for some time, and they themselves recognize the problem and have not really done that kind of thing in recent years.

However, quality is still an issue. I love the following quote in Harold Best's book "Unceasing Worship". He wrote: "... until recently sacred classical art has influenced artistic action in general culture in ways that should shame the contemporary church." Let alone quality... we're not even making a dent in influencing culture these days.

I'm also a good friend with the local 影音使團, and I have to say that the quality of their production has greatly improved in the last few years. I really appreciate their effort.

Post a Comment
  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.