« Home | 10年改變生活50事物 » | unemployability » | 大學生的面貌 » | Bearing Life » | Tiger Woods will survive » | 冗文 » | 彭羚電黃生 » | 怎樣的孩子,因有怎樣的父母 » | 落後 » | 搵明星做聚會 »

2009

As I am writing this there is only less than 5 hours left for the year 2009. It has really been an eventful year. Academically, I finished my doctoral program this year at the Institute for Worship Studies by completing my thesis on worship discipleship; and has started the Doctor of Ministry program at Fuller Theological Seminary in spiritual formation. Ministry-wise, I have realigned my ministry at AFC and focused a lot more in restoration ministry and personal work than in program production. I have also started working part-time at my home church, Westside Baptist Church, and have determined to pursue full time pastoral ministry at a local church in a long run. I have also started writing a column for Christian Times, a renowned chinese Christian newspaper in Hong Kong. And I have also started hosting 2 short segments on two different radio programs, both aired during prime time, at AM1320. Spiritually, I have been profoundly renewed at a prayer retreat in Hong Kong and gained a revitalized passion for prayer. Personally, I shred over 20 lbs and started exercising regularly to restore my health. And finally at home, we are expecting our third child (a boy, again).

As you can see there has been many changes. But as I reflect upon my journey in the last few years, it has always been full of changes. I guess change has become one of my themes. I am not afraid of changes, because I am certain that God is holding my hands and leading me. I consider all these changes adventures in life where I can grow in Christ. As long as I am useful to His ministry, any change is ok with me.

I can foresee more changes coming in 2010: my plans to take 3 courses this year at Fuller, the plan to spend more time on the ministry at my home church, the completely realigned (including many new) ministries at AFC with many new staff members joining, and the arrival of our third boy in April. I hope that it will continue to be a fruitful adventure as it was in 2009.

Blessed New Year.

Labels:

  • 正如林一峰話齋,閱讀,也是一種 state of mind。
  • 所以不限文字,還有聲音影像一切雜崩能東西,都在涉獵反思消化乾坤大挪移之列。
  • 看重的只有一個字:Insight

Disclaimer

I work at Westside Baptist Church. Of course, that doesn't mean they agree with everything I post or link here. Everything here is my personal opinion and is not read or approved in advance. Consider yourself warned.